Bindery Shipping via UPS
Purpose: To describe the process for preparing and receiving periodical
volume sent to Bridgeport Bindery using UPS as of September 2009.
- Send shipment out the first Monday of every month
- Take trucks of journals to mailroom with estimated number of
- Pack journals in designated spot
- Put Shipment Summary form in box 1 before sealing with tape
- Attach Bridgeport's Box Content Label to end of each box in set
- As a rule estimate weight at 32 lbs. May occasionally need to
weigh if seems heavier. Packer use judgement
- Log into UPS online and fill out form. Form should have some data
pre-populate (eg. address) and will autofill other data.
- In section 5 for reference numbers, enter the Bridgeport Account
- Important: Under section 6 for "Bill Shipping Charges to" be sure to change
the default from Univ. of Maine Library to "Bill the Receiver" (last
option in pulldown menu)
- Print out shipping labels from
- Print receipt which includes tracking numbers. File
- Tape shipping labels side by side with Box Content labels, keeping
the numbering 1 of 5, 2 of 5, etc consistant with both labels.
Remove or black out previous labels
- Materials returned in two and a half weeks.
II. Theses from Other Departments
- Pack into Bridgeport Boxes
- Weigh boxes to provide an estimate
- Print UPS labels with account nos. for individual departments on
labels under Reference #1
- Attach Bridgeport Box Content labels
- Turnaround is 4 weeks. Returned directly to the department not the Library
Created by: Library Staff |