Process for E-journals [pre-Serials Solutions]
Purpose: To contact publishers
and/or vendors directly to
activate online access to journals including those titles for which we have a
paid print subscription. [Note: The vast majority
of ejournal activation is handled through the Serials Solutions Client Center.
Records activated in their Knowledge Base will generate new records for URSUS.]
- Publisher/vendor sends an announcement that an
electronic version is available. Sue generally receives these
notification sand forwards to Rosie. Alternately, a subject specialist
forwards a title request through the online electronic resource request
which Albie checks regularly for new requests.
- Approved titles are returned and checklist slip is
attached. Date of approval is noted under "request received".
- Notification generally includes a URL to pursue
and instructions for activating the online subscription. Registration forms generally
include the same elements but follow one of three
- Online registration - form is available online (Be sure to
print a copy of the filled out form before sending to keep a record of the
- Faxed registration - form must be printed, filled out and
signed (Keep original of sent fax as a record of the transaction)
- Mailed registration - form must be printed, filled out and
signed (Make copy before mailing)
- Once confirmation of registration is received, note date on checklist.
- Test access at the document level!
Return to the Technical
Created by: Library Staff |