Water and Wastewater Technology
Databases: find journal articles, technical reports,
- Academic Search Complete. Provides full text for over 3,200 scholarly publications.
- AgEcon: Research in agriculture
and applied economics
Agricultural Online Access. Sponsored by National Agriculture Library.
1970 to present.
Communications Documentation Center. Emphasizes human and social
dimensions. Univ. of Illinois.
Sponsored by the United Nations. Food and Agriculture Organization.
1965 to present.
- ASCE Civil Engineering Database
(CEDB). ASCE's CEDB covers bibliographic records of ASCE documents
published back to 1958, including journals, conference proceedings,
books, standards, manuals, magazines, and newsletters. Some full-text
- Business Source Complete. Provides full text for over 2500 business
- DOE Data Explorer.
Indexes raw data collections funded in whole or in part by the U.S.
Department of Energy. Data collections reside at national laboratories, data
centers, user facilities, colleges and universities, or the Web sites of
professional organizations, consortiums, corporate institutions, or
- Environmental Protection Agency.
Makes available many
databases that index technical data and research reports.
Scholar. Beta version, under construction. Indexes
scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books,
preprints, abstracts and technical reports. Google Scholar
includes articles from a variety of academic publishers, professional
societies, preprint repositories and universities. They rank results
based on their relevance criteria.
- Ingenta (Formerly UnCover).
Coverage is 1988 - Present.
Premier. Provides full text for over 1,830 general
reference, business, consumer health, general science. Full text
extends back to January, 1990. Indexing and abstracts is
available for an additional 1,000 journals.
- MInd: The Meetings Index. Provides a free databases of future national and international
conferences, regional meetings, and short courses.
Environmental Publications Internet Site - NEPIS. EPA resources.
- National Technical
Information Service (NTIS) Database. Contains over 2.0 million
bibliographic records to research reports, computer products, software,
video cassettes, audio cassettes and more from the latest research
sponsored by the United States and select foreign governments. The
complete electronic file dates back to 1964. Most records include
abstracts. Full text to research reports may be purchased from NTIS
using the links in the bibliographic records.
- NSSN: National Standards Systems
- Science Accelerator, Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Department of Energy. Search collections of DOE research results, project descriptions, and accomplishments. These collections enable you to find out about ongoing research projects, explore significant DOE discoveries, learn about DOE Nobel Prize Winners, access and search scientific e-prints, locate science conference papers and proceedings, patents, and more.
5.0. A free, integrated single-search gateway to reliable science and
technology information from 17 organizations within 13 federal science
agencies - access to over 200 million pages of scientific information.
- TechStreet: Technical
Information Superstore. Most comprehensive index for
engineering standards. Also indexes books, materials physical
property data, software and free professional trade magazines.
- U.S. Dept. of Energy. Scientific and
- U.S. EPA. Science Inventory. This is a searchable, agency-wide catalog of more than 4,000 science
activities such as research, technical assistance and assessments, along
with more than 750 peer-reviewed products and an archives of over 19,000
- U.S. EPA Web Search. Provides advanced searching of the EPA web site.
- USGS Water-Resources
- U.S. Patent
database. See also the
Patent and Trademark Resource Center web site.
and Wastes Digest. Index to 6 magazines including full text
Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
- Access Science. Online version of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms. Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.
- Bartleby.com. Dictionaries,
thesaurus, quotations, etc.
Encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, dictionary and thesaurus in one resource
with good science and technology coverage.
and science awards page.
- Terms of Environment. by the U.S. EPA.
on the Web Glossary.
Words Dictionary. By the Nevada Division of Water Resources.
Professional Societies and Research Organizations
Selected Web Resources