Databases: find journal articles, technical reports,
- Academic Search Complete. Provides full text for over 3,200 scholarly publications.
- Business Source Complete. Provides full text for over 2500 business
- Defense Technical Information
Center (DTIC) Scientific and Technical Information Network. Access to
all unclassified, unlimited citations to documents added from late December 1974 to present, many from 1998 to present in
- DOE Data
Explorer. Indexes raw data collections funded in whole or in part by
the U.S. Department of Energy. Data collections reside at national
laboratories, data centers, user facilities, colleges and universities,
or the Web sites of professional organizations, consortiums, corporate
institutions, or international organizations.
- DOE Information Bridge. FULL TEXT DATABASE. Full-text reports for 1995 to present
contracted by the U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- E-Print Network. Maintained
by the Dept. of Energy. Allows simultaneous searching of a variety of
- Energy Citations Database.
U.S. Department of Energy database. Coverage is 1948 to present.
- Energy Portal
Search. Provides access to government and research society databases
and evaluated web sites.
- Fire Research Information
Services (FRIS). FIREDOC database. Made available by the
Building and Fire Research Laboratory BFRL), National Institute of Standards
and Technology (NIST).
Energy R & D Project Database. U.S. Dept. of Energy.
scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books,
preprints, abstracts and technical reports. Google Scholar
includes articles from a variety of academic publishers, professional
societies, preprint repositories and universities. They rank results
based on their relevance criteria.
- Ingenta (Formerly UnCover).
Coverage is 1988 - Present.
Premier. Provides full text for over 1,830 general
reference, business, consumer health, general science. Full text
extends back to January, 1990. Indexing and abstracts is
available for an additional 1,000 journals.
- NASA Technical Report Server (NTRS). This database collects, archives,
and disseminates aerospace information produced by NASA and other
relevant worldwide research.
- National Standards Systems Network (NSSN).
- National Technical
Information Service (NTIS) Database. Contains over 2.0 million
bibliographic records to research reports, computer products, software,
video cassettes, audio cassettes and more from the latest research
sponsored by the United States and select foreign governments. The
complete electronic file dates back to 1964. Most records include
abstracts. Full text to research reports may be purchased from NTIS
using the links in the bibliographic records.
- Science Accelerator, Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Department of Energy. Search collections of DOE research results, project descriptions, and accomplishments. These collections enable you to find out about ongoing research projects, explore significant DOE discoveries, learn about DOE Nobel Prize Winners, access and search scientific e-prints, locate science conference papers and proceedings, patents, and more.
5.0. A free, integrated single-search gateway to reliable science and
technology information from 17 organizations within 13 federal science
agencies - access to over 200 million pages of scientific information.
- TechStreet: Technical
Information Superstore. Most comprehensive index for
engineering standards. Also indexes books, materials physical
property data, software and free professional trade magazines.
- U.S. Dept. of Energy. Scientific and
- U.S. Patent
database. See also the
Patent and Trademark Resource Center web site.
Encyclopedias and Dictionaries
- Access Science. Online version of the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology and the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific and Technical Terms. Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.Includes over 8,500 online encyclopedia articles and 15,000 illustrations from the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology, 10th Edition and regularly updated, fully-searchable media-rich content, terms, images and video.
- Bartleby.com. Dictionaries,
thesaurus, quotations, etc.
Encyclopedia, almanac, atlas, dictionary and thesaurus in one resource
with good science and technology coverage. Nobel
and science awards page.
of Energy. Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE). EERE
works to strengthen the United States' energy security, environmental
quality, and economic vitality in public-private partnerships. EERE
manages ten programs, including:
Federal Energy Management,
Fuel Cells & Infrastructure Technologies,
Solar Energy Technologies,
Weatherization and Intergovernmental, and
Wind & Hydropower
Professional Societies and Research Organizations
Government Agencies and Resources
Selected Internet Resources
Fuels Properties Database.
From the Dept. of Energy and includes data on various physical, chemical,
operational, and environmental, safety, and health properties.
Materials, Formulas, Mathematics, Processes and Design, Etc.
- Engineers Edge. contains
design and technical data, equations, current news, job announcements, links
to free trade journals.
- Fueleconomy.gov. Helps
consumers make informed fuel economy choices when purchasing a vehicle
and helps them achieve the best fuel economy possible from the cars they
own. Maintained jointly by the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of
Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy and the U.S. Environmental
- Greencar. Provides news and
technical information on green vehicles, green energy and technologies.
- MatWeb. Complete physical property
data on polymers, metals and alloys, and composites.
- Mechanical Design Engineering. CAD/CAM/CAE, design information and calculators and conversion
- Nanotechnology Now. Background articles, glossary, news digest, etc.
- Robotics Online.
- Robots Life.com.
- Tech Museum of Innovation.
Robotics: sensing, thinking, acting.
Directories of Products and