This is a selective guide to information resources in
meteorology and climatology. Most of the print sources listed here are located
in the Science & Engineering area on the second floor of the library ("Sci
Use these databases to find citations or references to journal articles To
read the full text of an article, see
Finding Items at Fogler Library and
Getting Items from Other Libraries.
Compendex (Engineering Index) (1969+)
Covers all areas of engineering and physics. Includes citations to
conference proceedings, reports, and foreign-language publications.
Compendex and INSPEC may be searched simultaneously.
Environment Complete (1976+)
Covers all areas of environmental sciences.
Covers all areas of geoscience. Includes citations to conference papers,
reports, maps, and other materials, and foreign-language publications.
GeoRef In Process
Citations that will eventually appear in GeoRef. Records may be incomplete.
Rolling file: dates covered vary.
Covers all areas of physics. Includes citations to books, proceedings,
dissertations, and other materials, and foreign-language publications.
INSPEC and Compendex may be searched simultaneously.
including the McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science & Technology,
Sci Ref Q 121 M3 2007 and the McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Scientific
and Technical Terms, Sci Ref Q 123 M15 2003
- Encyclopedia of Climate and Weather Sci Ref QC 854 E523
- The Encyclopedia of Climatology Sci Ref QC 854 E525 1987
- Encyclopedia of Weather and Climate Sci Ref QC 854 A45
- Encyclopedia of World Climatology Sci Ref QC 854 E5251
- Glossary of Meteorology Sci Ref QC 854 G55 2000
- Climates of the World Sci Ref QC 982 M3513 1992
- Handbook of Weather, Climate and Water Sci Ref QC 864
- Smithsonian Meteorological Tables Sci Ref QC 873 S6 1968
Weather, and Climate